No matter how hard we try to make our homes stylish and beautiful, there are many little details, like cords or scratched wood, that diminish its visual appeal. Try hiding those eyesores in the home with these 10 creative strategies and it’ll make your interior design shine.
1. Seek out stylish storage solutions, like a decorative box or vintage suitcases that can also be used as decor. After all, who says you have to use ugly plastic tubs to keep your home organized?
2. Cover up clutter or lackluster space with a beautiful screen. It will instantly lend your room a more elegant look.
3. Cut holes in a decorative box to hide your cords and outlet strip. Or, place your furniture strategically so that cords fall behind it.
4. Freshen up your weathered wooden furniture with a fresh coat of paint in a bold color. Paint can also be used to cover up unattractive flooring and walls.
5. Install a pull-out trash and recycling bin in your kitchen. This will also help to reduce bad odors!
6. Use a stylish bed skirt to hide your box spring, as well as storage underneath the bed.
7. Build pull-out drawers for your pet’s food and water dishes. When guests come over, you can simply close the drawer.
8. Cover up an unattractive view with beautiful curtains. If you still want to let in natural light, opt for a more sheer fabric.
9. Design an attractive bathroom by filling stylish, reusable bottles with your soaps and lotions.
10. Hide a dirty spot on the carpet by placing a colorful rug on top. Rugs aren’t just for covering hardwood floors, after all!