You pay bills, work a full-time job, worry about your credit score. Isn’t being an adult fun? While there are many boring aspects of being an adult, there are also some perks – like sprucing up your bedroom to match your grown-up lifestyle! Before you get started, here are five items every grown-up bedroom should have:
1. Quality bed: When buying new furniture for the bedroom, it is wise to invest in quality pieces that last. You don’t want to have to keep redecorating year after year. If you can’t afford to purchase all new furniture, start with bigger items like a new bed. A good mattress and comfortable bedding can greatly impact how well you sleep each night.
2. Nightstand: A nightstand is one of those furniture items that isn’t always necessary, but makes your life a whole lot easier. With a nightstand, you can keep your book, lamp and glass of water conveniently at arm’s reach so you don’t have to keep getting out of bed at night.
3. Stylish light fixture: Not only do you want your grown-up room to be well-organized, but it should be stylish too! Get rid of the standard light-and-fan combo and install a decorative pendant or chandelier. A stunning light fixture is a great way to add style without crowding your space.
4. Mirror: A full-length mirror in the bedroom will save you from an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction in the future. Just do a quick appearance check before work each morning and you’re good to go!
5. Closet organizers: Once you’ve reached the “adult” stage in your life, your wardrobe tends to change and your closet suddenly becomes filled with nice tops, suits and lots and lots of shoes. Keep your closet organized with nice space-saving hangers and a hanging shoe organizer. Your morning routine will be much easier when your closet is organized.
Life can get pretty hectic as an adult. Make life a little easier by turning your bedroom into a stylish, organized space fit for a grown-up.