- Eiderdown is the most valuable down in the world, originating from deserted nest of the rare eider duck. Eiderdown features an interlocking structure of hooks-these hooks enable the clusters to cling to one and other, therefore capturing teeny air pockets. Since the down is linked together very closely, the pockets that are formed are distributed evenly with no large or small air pockets. Eiderdown does not shift; it is distributed evenly and won’t slide to the sides of the chambers; thus creating an incredibly even, fine layer of insulation, far surpassing any other.
- The reason for the high cost of eiderdown is simply a matter of supply and demand. Eiderdown has a cachet with Europeans as being the best quality of down, and yet there are only about 2,000 kilos available in the world market each year.
- All of our Eiderdown used is Grade A Eiderdown, originating directly from Iceland.
- Fill : Grade A Iceland Eiderdown
- Level of Fill: Winter
- Fill Weight: 25oz
- Country of Origin: Made in the USA of imported materials.
- Care Instructions: Pillows and comforters should always be used inside a cover. Dry cleaning is recommended, but can also be washed in a front-loading commercial capacity washer. Use a low sudsing detergent or a product specifically designed for washing down products. Place in large capacity dryer on lowest heat setting and dry for several hours or until thoroughly dried.
*Due to manufacturer policies, additional discounts cannot be applied to this item. Clearance, doorbusters, hot buys, open box and temporary price cut items are not eligible for discounts.