- Steeped in Historic Charleston‘s rich, classic style and decorative arts culture, the King Charles 100% cotton matelassé bedding collection offers a unique blend of European, Caribbean, and Asian influences.
- King Charles matelassé bedding offers a luxuriously soft bedspread, coverlet, bed skirt, shams and decorative accent pillows featuring classic 19th century motifs representing the sun, a topiary, a pheasant, and a pineapple.
- The superior design of the King Charles matelassé bedding ensemble can be traced back to England circa 1820, incorporating key influences from that time period including the fine arts and superior craftsmanship.
- Each piece is crafted individually on special weaving looms to create the luxurious design that defines this lovely matelassé bedding collection.
- Highs and lows created during the jacquard weaving process allow the intricate designs and motifs to come to life.
- Designs from the archives of Historic Charleston’s heritage, were interpreted to create the lovely King Charles bedding set.
- Rolling arches, half-moons, double diamonds and scrolling vine details wrap around the classic topiary, pheasant, sun and pineapple motifs.
- Coverlet and bedspread drape beautifully over the bed to reveal rounded corners.
- Pair the bedspread or coverlet with bed skirt to create a complete look.
- Add coordinating, decorative shams and pillows to create the ultimate bedroom oasis.
- The heavy-weight, stonewashed matelassé of King Charles bedding ensures life-long durability and style for generations to come.
- Crafted in Portugal.
- 100% cotton matelassé.
- The Historic Charleston Foundation was established in 1947 and is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and protect the historical, architectural and material culture that make up Charleston‘s rich and irreplaceable heritage.
- No decorative objects included.
- King size sham only, all other coordinating items sold separately.
*Due to manufacturer policies, additional discounts cannot be applied to this item. Clearance, doorbusters, hot buys, overstock and temporary price cut items are not eligible for discounts.