- This hand-carved German cuckoo clock features intricately carved leaves and vines. It has wooden hands, a wood dial with Roman numerals, and a warm light yellow hand-painted and hand-carved cuckoo bird. Two cast iron pine cone weights are suspended beneath the clock case by two separate brass chains.
- The hand-carved maple leaf pendulum continously swings back and forth which controls the timing of the clock. If your cuckoo clock's timing should ever need adjustment, you can control the speed of your clock by sliding the maple leaf up or down the pendulum stick. Sliding the maple leaf down causes the cuckoo clock to run slightly slower, while sliding the maple leaf up makes the cuckoo clock run slightly faster.
- On every hour the cuckoo bird emerges from a swinging door above the clock dial and counts the hour by cuckooing once per hour. (Example: At one o'clock the bird will cuckoo once. At eight o'clock the bird will cuckoo eight times) The half hour is announced with one cuckoo call.
- The 30 hour all brass mechanical Regula movement, which is produced in the Black Forest of Germany, is wound once per day by raising the two pine cone weights. One weight powers the time and the other weight powers the cuckoo and cuckoo call.
- Great effort has been made to portray each cuckoo clock as accurately as possible.
- As with many handmade items, the exact coloration and carving may vary slightly from clock to clock. We consider this to be a special part of their character. This clock is covered by a two year limited warranty covering workmanship and manufacturers defects.
*Due to manufacturer policies, additional discounts cannot be applied to this item. Clearance, doorbusters, hot buys, overstock and temporary price cut items are not eligible for discounts.