- With a concentration in smooth movements and clean designs, the Crane collection embodies a certain simplicity and elegance that raises the bar for modern design and function. Placing all technical details inside the base of the lamp allows for a clean, simple exterior, while still retaining a functionality achieved through detail and precision. The collection uses the cord for both electrical and mechanical power. By pulling the cord to a special spring hidden inside the lamp base, a tension is created that balances the lamp arm perfectly. This hidden ingenuity allows for feather touch control to adjust the light exactly where wanted. This is the rare lighting collection where the look is as beautiful as the movement.
- A flexible task light, the Crane LED desk lamp has a long, walnut wood arm that is easy to adjust in height and rotation. Forsman was raised in the area of Sweden known for its forests and furniture industry, and his love of wood is easily reflected in this item. The mix of black and dark walnut yields a rustic, yet contemporary stylistic origin. The lamp makes use of its black cloth covered cord and a special spring hidden in the base to balance at any angle you choose to pose it. The light source is equally spare, a small but powerful, energy-efficient 5 Watt LED light source; the simple on/off rocker switch is located at the end of the shade. The included 5W LED produces 520 lumens of warm light (3,000K at 80 CRI) and is rated to last over 30,000 hours.
- Adjustable Height: 42-Inch - 60.5-Inch.
- Switch Details: 4-Way Touch Switch.
- Shade Material: Aluminum
- Base Shape: Round.
- Base Finish: Black.
- Base Diameter: 7.5-Inch.
- Cord Color: Black Fabric Cover.
- One year limited manufacturer warranty on defective parts only.
- Integrated LED included.
- Jonas Forsman grew up in Smaland, a region in southern Sweden that is historically famous for furniture production. From an early age, Jonas learned to save on resources by using as little as possible and to make the most out of it. This way of life has become a guide line for him as a designer, facilitating resourcefulness and originality. “I start from the function and see if I can solve it in a new way, often by using different materials or new mechanical solutions. Then I cut away all things not necessary and let the function speak for itself,” states Jonas. His focus on mechanical function as well as physical style leads to some of the best LED task products in the industry. Crane and Cooper are just the beginning of his work with ADS360 – there is much more to come! Jonas studied industrial design engineering in Gothenburg, Sweden where he now has his studio. Jonas has been awarded several Red dot awards and Design S awards for his innovative and unique products.
*Due to manufacturer policies, additional discounts cannot be applied to this item. Clearance, doorbusters, hot buys, open box and temporary price cut items are not eligible for discounts.