- Among the oldest known forms of rug weaving in the world, the Soumak rug can trace its roots to the Caucasus region of Azerbaijan, near the Caspian Sea. Even before being used in rug making, this long, sturdy, herringbone weave was used in nomadic saddlebags to transport possessions. Early Soumak designs also reflected the nomadic traditions of the age, with tribal motifs and deep geometric patterns in earthen color stories. Today, Amer's Soumak collection remains virtually unchanged in its transition from saddlebag to fine floor covering in terms of construction; fortunately, this reversible rug has shed its blocky motifs and patterns in favor of more elegant patterns, softer handspun wool, and more subdued colors. Thanks to the Soumak collection, durable beauty has a resounding voice
- Reversible, for years of beauty and wear
- Traditional Designs with modern colors
- Ideal in high-traffic areas
- Construction: Hand-Woven
- Knot Type: Soumak
- Cleaning Care Instructions: Polyester resists dirt is stain resistant. The use of a rug pad is strongly recommended. Rotate regularly for even wear. If a Fiber does not stay intact at any point, use scissors to trim it level with other Fibers. Minor spills may be blotted with a clean cloth and cold water. Liquid spills and soiling may be cleaned with a dry agent such as Capture. Do not use oxygen cleaners on your rug
*Due to manufacturer policies, additional discounts cannot be applied to this item. Clearance, doorbusters, hot buys, open box and temporary price cut items are not eligible for discounts.
Note: When making your selection, remember that your monitor determines how color is displayed and dye lots can vary from rug to rug.
Also be aware that rug dimensions listed can vary by up to +/- 5%. Patterns and designs will be scaled to the rugsâ€™ size & shape.