Strength, style and substance are the foundations for the pride we feel in the Hillsdale Kids and Teens Twin Over Twin Caspian Bunk Bed in Chocolate. Hillsdale Kids and Teen has been designing bunks for the past 8 years under the brand NE Kids. Traditionally, we sell bunk configurations that demand higher retail price points. As we embarked on the design process to create this affordable bunk, we took the time to think through the lessons we have learned from developing our more expensive bunks and studied ways we could apply them to achieve Value, Quality, Strength, Comfort and Safety at this incredible price. We are confident that these details will help you feel secure that you have made the right decision first for your child’s safety and second, for your child’s own unique style.
When consulted the Hillsdale Kids and Teen design experts feel this bunk’s simplistic style and clean lines make it extremely versatile. They recommend it for the following design themes: Modern, Mid Century, Contemporary, Traditional, Country Chic, Coastal, Cottage, Mission, a sweet retreat or a teen hangout.
- Third party certified to meet all ASTM and CPSC applicable safety standards.
- This bunk has a plywood slat roll foundation and does not require an additional foundation of any kind.
- By design all 13 slats are properly spaced to ensure the safety of your child.
- The distance from the top of the lower bed slats to the bottom of the slats of the upper bed is 38 inches.
- Accommodates an 8-inch mattress on the top bunk. An 8-inch mattress is recommended for the bottom bunk, but it can accommodate a taller mattress just keep in mind you will reduce clearance between top and bottom bunk.
- The distance from the floor to the top of the safety rail is 65 inches. This makes the upper bunk easier to dress and ensures it fits well in a room with an 8 foot ceiling.
- Metal to metal connection of the ladder to the siderails ensures a safe connection that can be tightened if necessary.
- The ladder is right side facing and terminates at the bottom rail. This makes positioning in small space very easy as the ladder does not take up any floor space.
- Flat ladder rungs make climbing up to bed pain free.
- Hardware is hidden wherever possible to ensure a clean look. This is noticeable on the safety rail.
- Although we have loaded 400lbs on the top of this bunk in routine testing, we recommend 250lbs not including the weight of your mattress.
Due to some manufacturer's pricing policies, additional discounts cannot be applied to all items. Promo codes provided in emails or on this product detail page can be entered during checkout to determine an item's discount eligibility. Please note sale, clearance, doorbusters, hot buys, open box and temporary price cut items are not eligible for additional promo code discounts.