How to Put Sheets on Your Bed without Losing Your Cool
How to put sheets on your bed without losing your cool
Putting on bedsheets – you’d think this task would be a no-brainer, but you and I both know that’s simply not true. There’s a reason why videos like the one below exist (watch if you’re looking for a good laugh). I can’t count the number of times I’ve become frustrated with my bedsheets! Fortunately, we’re not the only ones to have experienced problems with making the bed, and I’ve found some useful tips that can make the process more manageable. Just follow these steps.
1. Make sure you have the right sheet size. If you’re struggling to put on your fitted sheet, it may be simply because the sheet is too small.
2. When putting on your fitted sheet, start with one corner. Stretch the sheet corner over the mattress so that it completely covers the mattress and pad, if you have one. If the sheet is not securely tucked underneath the mattress, you could easily undo your work when moving on to the next corner.
3. Pull the second sheet corner over the mattress, choosing the corner that is diagonally opposite from the one you just completed. Repeat steps with the two remaining corners.
4. Smooth out the fitted sheet, making sure each corner is tucked securely underneath the mattress. If it’s not tight, the flat sheet will look lumpy.
5. Place your flat sheet over the fitted one, with the wrong side up. That way when you fold over the sheet at the head of the bed, the decorative side will show. Make sure that the sheet hangs evenly on both sides of the bed.
6. Tuck in the bottom of your sheet and then move on to the sides, tucking them in about three-fourths of the way toward the head of the bed.
7. Place your comforter on top of the flat sheet.
8. Fold the flat sheet over the comforter so the decorative side shows and there is about 15 inches for pillows. If you would prefer not to fold the flat sheet over, put it on your bed right-side up instead.
Voila! No longer do you have to struggle making your bed. And with practice, the process will only become easier.